Mikrosam produces a range of slitting and rewinding equipment for composite prepregs: UD thermoset, thermoplastic, dryfiber, and fabric.
Our machines allow customers to save costs by acquiring large width raw material from suppliers and preparing narrow tapes on-demand.
We pioneered the small-scale slitting and rewinding equipment for R&D departments. Now, we offer high ROI complete units for large-scale conversion of raw composite material together with inspection systems.
Why Choose Mikrosam for Prepreg Conversion
- Key Benefits
- Technical Characteristics
- Accurate slitting of thermoset and thermoplastic prepreg tapes.
- Significant cost savings compared to outsourcing of the slitting.
- Capability to slit prepreg tapes with different widths.
- Inspection and automatic detection of the errors on the slit tape before it is re-wound on the spool.
- Excellent client support and assistance
- Wide slit tape width: 20mm–600mm (ATL)
- Thermoset and thermoplastic UDprepreg tapecutting
- Tape edge guiding and laser assisted spool positioning
- Narrow slit tape width (AFP):
- 3.175mm (1/8)’’
- 6.35mm (1/4)’’
- 12,7mm (1/2)’’ or custom defined
- Cutting accuracy+/-0.125mm
- Various slitting concepts: crash cutting, blade cutting, rotation shear blade cutting
- Adjustment and controlling of slitting parameters
- Easily adjustable cutting width positions
- Fast Exchangeable slitting modules (shafts)
- Number of slit-tow rewinding positions: 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 up to 48.
- Rewinding strategy:
- Level/Step/Taper winding patterns
- Pancake coil winding
- Fast spool fix system for quick replacement
- Splicing function
- Inserting interleaf film for thermoset slit tape
- Maximum process Speed: up to100m/min
Mikrosam Prepreg Slitting & Rewinding Products
Mikrosam offers slitting products:
- Wide to Narrow slitter–(600mm down to 1”)
- Online slitting & rewinding–300mm to 0.25” up to 48 positions
- Two-step Slitting 0.25” cassette and cassette to spool rewinder 300, compact rewinder
- MikroINSPECT–online slitting and rewinding detection and inspection
In one of the following configurations:
- One Step Process-direct slitting and spool rewinding
- Two Step Process–slitting and cassettes rewinding with separate independent spool rewinding unit
Operator Software for control of our conversion machines, featuring:
- Set-up of winding parameters
- Control of winding tension
- Warning and alarm functions (broken tape, length stop, diameter stop)
- Prepreg length measurement.
- Multilanguage support
- Other functional material management programming
Automatic Online Inspection System
This is unique technology developed by Mikrosam for online inspection and automatic detection of the errors on the slit tape before it is re-wound on the spool. It is developed by constant input by customer requirements for increasing demand of high-quality error free slit tape that in later stage can be processed in Automated Fiber Placement (AFP) orAutomated Tape Laying (ATL) machines.
The list of errors that are detected and recorded by IPLIS are:
- Width-out of tolerance
- Tow thickness-out of tolerance–tow profile measurement principle
- Fuzz detection
- Foreign object detection
- Splice position detection
All detected errors are continuously detected in the QCS System.
Interested in learning more?
Have specific requirement s or configuration in mind?
Software for Offline Analysis, Programming and Simulation for Filament Winding
- Mandrel generation
- Winding pattern development
- Geodesic and non-geodesic winding path development
- Winding pathand patternsimulation
- Control data generation
Modern NURBS platform for simulation and programing of AFP & ATL machines
- CATIA Compatible
- Import/Export to standard formats such as IGES, STEP, NASTRAN, SolidWorks,etc.
- Generates layup on mandrel shapes
- Sophisticated layup algorithms and attributes
- Organization of plies and courses
- Analysis of layup and many more feature
Continuous improvement via data monitoring and traceability
- Comprehensive and Custom Quality Control System for Online and Offline Tracking and Reporting of CompositeManufacturing
- Data Acquisition and data management hardware & software
- Product & Program data, Raw material consumption, Operation and process time
- Process speed, temperature, Compaction pressure, Tension monitoring
- History data for every manufactured part
- Possibility to include additional data on customer request.
News & Events
Visit Mikrosam at the Hydrogen Technology Expo - the world’s largest suppliers trade fair for hydrogen technologies, materials, components, and engineering solutions. Meet our team…
Are you looking for a filament winding machine? Having trouble deciding what type, materials, and software to use? Below you will find our small guide…
CAMX 2023: Mikrosam features its modular, automated line solutions for towpreg production, filament winding, AFP, and ATL to meet cost, flexibility, and volume demands. Mikrosam…
Interview with Vrabotuvanje.com - Young and successful: Meet the women who are transforming the world's aerospace, automotive, and other industries. Women in manufacturing – Mikrosam…
GKN Fokker and Mikrosam develop AFP for the Multifunctional Fuselage Demonstrator’s floor beams and OOA consolidation of 6-meter spars for TPC rudders, elevators, and tails.…