Visit Mikrosam at CAMX 2022 and shape your advanced composites with our full range of automated solutions
CAMX brings together all aspects of the world’s composites and advanced materials communities together for one all-encompassing event. CAMX is where the industry meets to get business done and the industry discovers the latest products, solutions, and advanced industry technology.
Visit Mikrosam at CAMX, October 17-20, 2022, Anaheim, CA
If you are looking for cost-effective and high-performance ways to automate your composite manufacturing, then Mikrosam is the answer. With more than 3 decades of global experience, Mikrosam’s engineering and manufacturing leadership create customer successes every day. Our innovative engineered-to-order equipment gives you high ROI in:
- Filament Winding
- Automated Fiber and Tape Placement
- Prepregs and Towpregs
- Slitting and Rewinding
- Automated Lines for Pressure Vessels
Modular and upgradeable AFP and ATL cells
We offer a full range of highly customizable configurations. Explore our competitive AFP and ATL offerings. Choose an initial configuration that is suited to start and will not hold you down as you grow your business:
- Multi-Material AFP using thermoset, thermoplastic and dry-fiber
- Single tape up to 2”, or 16 tows or more ¼” or 1/8″ wide
- Automated Head Exchange in <3mins
- Robotic, Gantry or hybrid configuration
- Patented ATL Head, dual ultra-sonic knives, 50mm (2″) to 300mm (12″)
- In-process Layup Inspection System (IPLIS)
- Proven thermoplastic consolidation capability
Advanced winding automation for CNG and Hydrogen tanks
As a leader in filament winding equipment, Mikrosam offers turnkey solutions for customers. We deliver leading automated lines for LPG, CNG, hydrogen, and other high-pressure vessels, with a capacity of over 1 million per year:
- Liner loading stations
- Automatic handling of parts
- Filament winding machines with high speed, high reliability, and low TCO
- Patented Automatic Cut & Restart System
- Quick-clean resin baths with an automatic resin mixing system
- Advanced Fiber creels with tension control and fast spool exchange
- TCON – Top-level control system for supervision and quality control
Mikrosam provides excellent automation and integration with 3rd party equipment for entire production lines. Our lines ensure low total cost of ownership, high availability, and productivity, with increased throughput and reduced cost per cylinder or part. Find out why our customers enjoy high ROI and excellent support with Mikrosam.
Find out more at Mikrosam’s Webinar at CompositesWorld.
STUNNING floor beam development with GKN Fokker
Mikrosam outfitted GKN Fokker with an eight-axis robotic AFP machine, slitting equipment for thermoplastic prepregs, and a custom-engineered thermoplastic consolidating machine. It produced a thermoplastic CFRP floor beam developed in a two-year project with GKN Fokker, the project leader for STUNNING, which is constructing the lower fuselage section of the all-thermoplastic, 8-meter-long, 4-meter-diameter Clean Sky 2 Multifunctional Fuselage Demonstrator (MFFD). Twelve beams were fiber placed in GKN Fokker’s new Global Technology Center in Hoogeveen, the Netherlands.
Hydrogen future brought to you by Mikrosam
H2Storage.nl and Mikrosam have developed a number of hydrogen tanks together. For this project, Mikrosam used its own automated towpreg and wet winding machine for testing and developing the type IV cylinders.
The following impressive results were achieved:
- High capacity H2 tanks up to 350L
- High strength carbon for maximum performance – 6000 MPa
- 105 MPa test pressure
- Burst pressure up to 2300 bars